We are a committed group of neighbors and community participants seeking to make the place in which we live and work a friendlier, more pleasant, and more attractive place.
As part of DRRA’s ongoing campaign to help our members and neighbors be better prepared in the event of an emergency, we’ll be posting a monthly safety tip.
This month’s tip involves maintenance of your home fire extinguishers:
1) The Los Angeles Fire Department recommends that once a month you gently turn your fire extinguishers upside down. Do not shake, but simply return the extinguisher to its upright position. Repeat.
The reason for this periodic shake up is to keep the chemicals in your extinguishers from settling, as this could interfere with their efficiency should you ever have to use them.
2) Also check that the needles on your exinguishers’ meters are in the “green zone”. If one is no longer in the green, replace it.
3) Replace any extinguisher that has dents.
DEL REY RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
MARCH BOARD MEETING
When: Monday, March 2, 2015 7pm ~ 9pm
Where: Venice Japanese Community Center, 12448 Braddock Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90066
March’s agenda includes:
– A Pacific Division Update. If your former Senior Lead Officer was Marcy Garcia, this is a perfect opportunity to meet her replacement, acting SLO Jose Diaz-Ibarra.
– A representative from Verizon regarding Above Ground Facilities in public rights of way along Short Avenue and Alla Road.
– Discussion of a letter to be sent to the Bureau of Street Services about drainage on Jefferson Blvd.
– A presentation on the upcoming Del Rey Art Walk.
– Planning for our Spring General Meeting and upcoming election.
Del Rey Residents Associations February Board Meeting
When: February 2nd, 2015 – 7p.m. ~ 9pm
Where: Venice Japanese Community Center 12448 Braddock Dr. Los Angeles, 90066
The agenda for this Groundhog Day meeting includes a discussion of the “Above Ground Facilities” (antennae and meters) that Verizon is going to hang from utility poles along local public right of ways, particularly on Short Avenue and Alla Road. We have asked Verizon to send a representative, but as of this mailing have no confirmation. If a Verizon rep is not able to join us, we should have pictures and possibly a map to give residents an idea of what the project entails and how it may impact the area.
We will also be planning our Spring General Meeting and our officers’ election, both of which will take place in late March.
Here’s a “class photo” of your Del Rey Residents Association Board Members.
From left to right in the front row they are: Janice Santos, parliamentarian; Wendy Averill, director; Tobyann Mandel, recording secretary; Elizabeth Pollock, president; Mary Cain, second vice president; Ghassan Malek, corresponding secretary.
In the back row, from left to right: Chris Nevil, director and newsletter editor; Larry McNamee, director; Sharon Blunk, director and membership chair; Maureen Madison, director; Brian Reiff, first vice president; Monika Driesslein, Treasurer.
Here’s wishing all of you a very Happy New Year.
After the festivities are over, join us for DRRA’s first board meeting of 2015 on Monday, January 5th, at 7 p.m. at the Venice Japanese Community Center (12448 Braddock Dr. Los Angeles, 90066.)
The agenda includes discussion of a large proposed project on Louise Avenue. Developer Kevin Read will be attending. We will also be updating the membership on discussions with the Department of Transportation regarding the worsening parking situation east of Inglewood between Washington Blvd. and Culver Blvd.