We are a committed group of neighbors and community participants seeking to make the place in which we live and work a friendlier, more pleasant, and more attractive place.
Spring General Meeting:
Quality of Life Issues In Del Rey
The Del Rey Residents Association Spring General Meeting will focus on issues that affect almost all residents in our daily lives: crime, traffic and parking. It will be held on Thursday, March 26, 2015, at 7pm at the Westside Neighborhood School, 5400 Beethoven Street, just north of Jefferson.
Invited guests include new LAPD Pacific Division Captain Nicole Alberca; Senior Lead Officers Joe Diaz-Ibarra and Gregg Jacobus; Sheriff’s Deputy Nova Simon; Sgt. Jerry Dodd and Officer Leon Raggett from the Department of Transportation’s Western Parking Enforcement Office; and officials from the LAPD’s West L.A. Traffic Division.
Bring your concerns and questions. There is no charge to attend; the public is invited; street parking is available.
Mar Vista Family Center
Annual Literacy Fair
Saturday March 14, 2015
10:00 am — 1:00 pm
5075 S. Slauson Avenue
Culver City, CA 90230
Welcoming Parents with Children ages 0 to 11
Arts & Crafts
Free Books and Food
For more information call 310.390.9607
As part of DRRA’s ongoing campaign to help our members and neighbors be better prepared in the event of an emergency, we’ll be posting a monthly safety tip.
This month’s tip involves maintenance of your home fire extinguishers:
1) The Los Angeles Fire Department recommends that once a month you gently turn your fire extinguishers upside down. Do not shake, but simply return the extinguisher to its upright position. Repeat.
The reason for this periodic shake up is to keep the chemicals in your extinguishers from settling, as this could interfere with their efficiency should you ever have to use them.
2) Also check that the needles on your exinguishers’ meters are in the “green zone”. If one is no longer in the green, replace it.
3) Replace any extinguisher that has dents.
DEL REY RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
MARCH BOARD MEETING
When: Monday, March 2, 2015 7pm ~ 9pm
Where: Venice Japanese Community Center, 12448 Braddock Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90066
March’s agenda includes:
– A Pacific Division Update. If your former Senior Lead Officer was Marcy Garcia, this is a perfect opportunity to meet her replacement, acting SLO Jose Diaz-Ibarra.
– A representative from Verizon regarding Above Ground Facilities in public rights of way along Short Avenue and Alla Road.
– Discussion of a letter to be sent to the Bureau of Street Services about drainage on Jefferson Blvd.
– A presentation on the upcoming Del Rey Art Walk.
– Planning for our Spring General Meeting and upcoming election.